Breastfeeding and Working Mothers
New Mom Returning to Work
Breastfeeding as a working mother brings upon many new challenges when it comes to a breastfeeding & pumping schedule, getting enough sleep, making sure your baby is cared for, etc. Going back to work after a few weeks presents a whole new set of challenges for breastfeeding, working mothers. At Bella Bambino, we understand that many new mothers must return to work, and we are here to help you meet the challenge. Our goal is to help new breastfeeding and working mothers navigate the first few weeks with their babies and learn to ensure their babies’ nutritional needs are met when they return to work.
New Mom Feeling Guilty about Returning to Work?
Many new breastfeeding and working mothers deal with a lot of guilt because they need to – or choose to – return to work. They feel that they have failed because they cannot afford to stay home all the time, or they would prefer to work than stay home. It might help to talk to positive friends, your significant other, or a professional counselor to deal with the guilt. A few more tips for dealing with return-to-work guilt:
- Remember why you are returning to work. Do not say: “I feel bad because --” Instead, say: “I made that decision because –"
- Ask for help. You don’t have to do everything yourself. Ask others for help and offer to help them when you can. It will be a great reciprocal relationship.
- Be good enough at home. When you are home with your baby, don’t worry about work or get lost in other things. Be there for him/her and make the most of your time together.
- Unfollow those who bring you down. If people on social media bring you down or make you feel guilty for any reason, unfollow them. Socialize in real life and online with people who lift you up and make you feel good.
Breastfeeding challenges for working mothers
Mothers who are breastfeeding and planning to return to work will have many questions. At Bella Bambino, we often are asked questions such as:
- Should I pump breastmilk?
- Should I store breastmilk?
- How do I bottle-train my baby?
- How will daycare handle feeding my baby?
- And much more.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment. We will discuss your breastfeeding concerns and will find a way to meet your challenges. Every mother, baby, and situation are different, which is why we tailor the best plan for you.